Hello my dear Friend. Happy to see you again! Come on in and let me fill your cup...
I need to get this out in the open as I have been a very naughty girl! This past week I’ve been awarded the Stylish Blogger Award! How wonderful and I absolutely deserve it and Char over at The Epic Adventures of a Modern Mom thinks so too as she is the Stylish Blogger who recognizes my savvy style and my oh so clever ways with lipstick. Then a few days later, The Versatile Blogger Award came my way and Lindy over at Lindy Legends and Other Such Nonsense thinks I’m absolutely AWESOME, of course she does as Lindy and I are like minded!
Now for my naughty girl confession... I didn’t follow any of the rules that come along with accepting these awards. They’re my awards and I can do whatever I want with them, rules shmules! Then the devil and angel on my shoulder started arguing and the next thing you know, the angel swept the devil’s leg and put the sucker into a headlock! A few minutes later, my conscience is bothering me and now I’m ‘fessing up. Why, oh why must I be so perfect in every way? My goodness, I’m feeling a bit frazzled and I need to touch up my makeup!
The traditions of these awards are very similar. I’m supposed to tell you 7 things about myself that you didn’t know and then I’m supposed to link who gave it to me and then pass the award on to 7, 10, or 15 (depending on whose rules you’re looking at) blogs that I think is most fab and let them know. Then you’re supposed to check out my discoveries and hopefully make a new friend. PHEW!!!! This receiving an award business is hard work, I’d much prefer that my next award be a nice shade of mauve for my lips!
So here we go...
- I’m a gorgeous brunette
- My oldest child is 13
- Today my favorite lipstick is Estee Lauder in Tiramisu
- I love watching the birds playing in the fountain in my backyard
- I got carded twice in the past 3 months with the response of, “I would of never guessed that!” It made my day and now I’m a forever loyal customer.
- I live in South Orange County on the beachside of the 5 freeway, yes, it makes a difference, and nowhere near Coto De Caza (Coto is inland out in the boonies not at all close to the beach) where those supposed TV Housewives live.
- I am a homeschool Mommy
Okay, not so bad, my lipstick is still on... now I need to decide on some blogs, OH MY, I’ve got 2 awards to give away!!! How am I going to this? Of course I can do this, I’ll do it my way as I am quite capable and not easily deterred.
I’ve made three categories for these awards...
- For some of you, this is your first award... Congratulations as you deserve to be in the spotlight and show off your pure Diva-ness! Because there are 2 awards, choose the one that looks best on your blog and display it proudly!
- There are those of you who already have one of these fabulous awards, grab the other and know you are QUEEN!
- The last category is for those of you that already have both. What? Yes, you’re receiving both awards from me to remind you that you are still as fabulous as the first time you received these awards. Do nothing and just enjoy basking in the glory of your continuing success!
In no particular order, these blogs made me smile, got me thinking, or just made me laugh out loud. Please visit these blogs and let them know that I’ve sent you.
- Not So Silent Mommy
- Mommy Inconsistent
- The Zany Housewife
- One Mixed Bag
- Bring Mommy the Vodka
- The Frantic Ravings of a Mother
- The Suburban Princess Diaries
- Karen's Healthy Lifestyle
- Organic Enchilada
- Fork Fabrikationz