Welcome, welcome, so glad you're here! I've got a freshly brewed pot of controversy ready to go... let me fill your cup! Today's blend is a little bit of summer, a dash of Mommy, and always a sprinkle of humor. Make yourself comfortable as I've got some Mommy Lessons headed your way.
Now that school is coming to an end and summer is upon us, we need to be reminded of our ever changing roles as Mommys. Like the changing seasons, our common sense must be in sync with the weather and summertime is a critical time for fine tuning our Mommy P's and Q's. With so many outdoor activities to attend, let's go over a few do's and don'ts of the befitting summertime Mommy and take some mental notes, shall we?
- DO make sure you have sunscreen with you and apply evenly.
- DON'T have your teenage son's friend help you get the middle of your back. And while I'm at it, don't ask someone else's husband either.
- DO have outdoor gatherings with friends and family.
- DON'T have so many wine coolers that you can't find your rump OR your children and you're stumbling across the lawn calling your child's name and asking those around you if they've seen Billy.
- DO have a proper cover up that can take you from the pool to an outdoor cafe.
- DON'T confuse the meaning of casual attire for cut off, ripped up shorts and a bikini top. And if you DO get confused, at least make sure your rear isn't hanging out or that the holes in your shorts are not in inappropriate places.
- DO dress Mommy appropriate when in the company of many small children and teenaged boys.
- DON'T wear your thong on family beach days or wear skimpy clothing to the neighborhood barbecue. Wearing less than your teenage daughter makes for good gossip around the 'hood at your expense and embarrasses your children as they will find out from your neighbors kids what's being said about you.