Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Return of the Summertime Mommy...

Hello hello my Dear Dear Friend... I'm SO delighted that you are here!  Come on in, make yourself comfy and get ready to review a Mommy Lesson from the past...


With summer right around the corner, I thought I would brush up on my own Summertime Mommy behavior and after rereading this past lesson I realized something... I'm already an excellent Mommy!  And you know what Darling?  I know you are too.
  
So pass this Mommy Lesson on to those who can use it... or as one of my Darling readers suggested, make a copy and post it up on the bulletin board located at the community pool...



The Dos & Don'ts of the Summertime Mommy 
Now that school is coming to an end and summer is upon us, we need to be reminded of our ever changing roles as Mommys. Like the changing seasons, our common sense must be in sync with the weather and summertime is a critical time for fine tuning our Mommy P's and Q's. With so many outdoor activities to attend, let's go over a few dos and don'ts of the befitting summertime Mommy and take some mental notes, shall we?


  • DO make sure you have sunscreen with you and apply evenly.
  • DON'T have your teenage son's friend help you get the middle of your back. And while I'm at it, don't ask someone else's husband either.
  • DO have outdoor gatherings with friends and family.
  • DON'T have so many wine coolers that you can't find your rump OR your children and you're stumbling across the lawn calling your child's name and asking those around you if they've seen Billy.
  • DO have a proper cover up that can take you from the pool to an outdoor cafe.
  • DON'T confuse the meaning of casual attire for cut off, ripped up shorts and a bikini top. And if you DO get confused, at least make sure your rear isn't hanging out or that the holes in your shorts are not in inappropriate places.
  • DO dress Mommy appropriate when in the company of many small children and teenaged boys.
  • DON'T wear your thong on family beach days or wear skimpy clothing to the neighborhood barbecue. Wearing less than your teenage daughter makes for good gossip around the 'hood' at your expense and embarrasses your children as they will find out from your neighbors kids what's being said about you.
Now I know that we've all seen Moms that can be quite forgetful when it comes to summertime Mommy etiquette, so pass this reminder on to those that might need a little extra help with their Mommy manners. 


OH, my goodness we've emptied the pot again! Well I guess it's a good thing, as I plan on going to the store to find myself a lipstick that matches my thong, uh... I mean my bikini... Well off you go, shoo... until next time my Darling Friend... Ta Ta!



12 comments:

  1. OMG Caffe so funny. Yes the old Brittney Spears trailer park trash of cut offs and bikini top has been played out already and no one over the age of 25 should be sporting that look NO matter how hot the body is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one? Okay Darling, I'll go put my cut offs in the Goodwill pile... lol xoxo

      Delete
  2. That first picture cracked me up--and it's why I never wore my Ergo on my back. I was afraid I'd bump the kiddo up against something! Great post. I AM considering posting it around town. There are some mommies I know who could benefit from your advice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made a copy and taped it to my mirror so that way I wouldn't confuse my Mommy appropriate clothes for my MILF out on the town collection... xoxo

      Delete
  3. Great advice, as always, Caff! That first photo made me cringe- the poor baby must feel a little smooshed there!

    I have to add, don't be so busy talking to your mommy friends at the beach that you totally ignore your 3 year old stripping, sitting and cramming sand into every opening and then stand there confused but still gabbing away as she begins screaming that it hurts. If you are at the beach, you need your eyes on your little ones to keep them out of trouble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGawd HJ Darling... you witnessed this?! Sheesh, stupid Mommy, not YOU Darling, you know what I meant! xoxo

      Delete
  4. So wear a skimpy bikinni and thong, get drunk at the family BBQ, flirt with all the husbands and pass out in the corner - Did I get that right? I get so confused between do and don't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol... Oh my Dear Grace, you are a naughty one! xoxo

      Delete
  5. That first picture is awesome! I saw something similar at Sea World over the weekend. It just goes back to the whole people need to take a test before procreating;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have mentioned that before Darling... we should come up with the test! lol xoxo

      Delete
  6. oh my gosh..i literally have seen all kinds of moms...and all kinds of teen age boys...fun post!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No bikini for me! I need to hide that muffin top that has taken over my body like an alien.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Darling,

Have you seen the latest collection of lipstick colors?? Oooooh, I can't help myself! Thanks for stopping by... xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...