Sunday, February 19, 2012

Good Bye My Darlings...

Hello my Dear FABulous Friend... I'm SOoo happy that you're here as I really could use your wonderful company today.  I have a mild blend of, 'colorful aromas with a bittersweet after taste' to fill your cup...   


See the picture on the left?... uh huh... those are were in my lipstick drawer and each and every brand in this pile is associated with the news that's been going around about lead in lipsticks... *sigh*


Good Bye Sugar Honey... Until we meet again Berry Smoothie... I will miss you Persistent Plum... It was a pleasure Sugarbush... It was always a party with you Party Pink... And Tiramisu, you know I loved you best...*more sighs*...  may your beautiful shimmers and bold colors caress my lips in the near, unleaded future...


My cup is empty, and my lipstick drawer is at a bare minimum... Hmmmm... I think I'll go shopping and find me some unleaded lipsticks... I know they're out there somewhere!  I'll keep you posted my Dear Friend, until next time... Ta Ta!

19 comments:

  1. I must've been under a bush to not hear about leaded lipstick. Oh my, what is a girl to do about her lipstick addiction.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waahhhhhhh no darling but it is for the best. Try Sephora own brand I believe that these have no lead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I've never worn makeup. It makes me feel like I've protected myself in an odd way. I'm sure there are plenty of other things I do use that are doing me in, though. Enjoy shopping for some new products!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And just when I started to get into lipstick. I hope you're not going through withdrawals. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait what? Lead in lipstick? Man, I need to start listening to the news again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously?? Lead in lipstick? WTF?! Next you'll be telling me there are dead beetles in my yogurt for color... oh, wait... there are.
    Smiles, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  7. We can paint a house without any lead, but not our lips? Sad commentary indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello my Dear, Dear Friends,
    Thanks for stopping by and giving me a big hug in the form of comments!

    So far it looks like Boots #7 is in the clear and yippee... I can get it from Target! Mommy Bags Darling, next time I pass Sephora, I'll definitely drop in and see what they have. Hugs and kisses to each one of you... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow da'ling! I hate throwing away my lipstick, but I am shocked to see that there is lead in some of them. How terrible! I'm off to check mine and dispose of the bad ones.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello CC Darling...
      That picture up above, yep, threw them all away... sniffle, sniffle xoxo

      Delete
  10. Now they say there is lead in lipstick???
    Seriously I need to start watching the news. Time to go check this one out....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my Dear. I've got a link on this post that the FDA list the 400 lipsticks and on two previous posts, are more links about the news... sad news, very sad news... sniff, sniff... xoxo

      Delete
  11. WOW that is a lot of lipstick to throw away... I wish you luck finding some wonderful new shades of some safe stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you have the safe stuff in Egypt Darling?? lol xoxo

      Delete
  12. I did NOT know about this! Good to know and too bad because makeup is expensive. Let us know what better brands you find.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh wow, I didn't know this kind of thing was still going on! My last lipsticks were from the body shop..I'm hoping those were ok.

    Boots at Target? I'll have to go look :)

    I am mourning with you, friend...will there be a ceremony?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sniffle, sniffle... oh my Darling... that pic above was my last good-byes.. sniff, sniff... BUT, on a brighter note... more NEW lipsticks!!! xoxo

      Delete

Hello Darling,

Have you seen the latest collection of lipstick colors?? Oooooh, I can't help myself! Thanks for stopping by... xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...